Once again it’s the most wonderful time of the year or so they say. Ladies let’s be honest, if you’re like most people the stress you deal with on a daily basis becomes exponentially worse during the holidays.
With frenetic activities—from list making, decorating, gift buying, card sending, meal planning, oh, and let’s not forget those everyday tasks like taking care of our families, homes, and jobs—thinking about what to wear for holiday gatherings is nerve-wracking. So I came up with three suggestions to help you look your best for those highly anticipated soirees:
- Pinterest – A digitized pinboard platform is a great place to search for wardrobe ideas.
- Rent The Runway – Their comprehensive Getting Started Page answers the most frequently asked questions on their designer rentals. Here are a couple of links to reasonable prices:
- Shopping Your Closet – The versatility of black is undeniable. Incorporating a little sparkle can make you shine for holiday functions.
- White button down shirt
- Silver sequined cami
- Black dress pants
- Black tuxedo jacket
- Black jumpsuit
- Black bolero sweater
Shopping Your Closet
Pictured: White Button Down Shirt & Black Dress Pants
Pictured: Black Tuxedo Jacket
Pictured: Black Jumpsuit
Pictured: Black Bolero Sweater
Examples of Holiday Outfits
- Outfit 1: I layered the cami over the white shirt, then added the jacket and pants. I rolled back the cuffs on the jacket and shirt. Accessories included a black rhinestone embellished hard case clutch, silver crystal embellished choker, earrings and bracelet.
- Outfit 2: The sleeveless, draped deep neckline, and ruching on the bodice makes this jumpsuit outstanding on its own. A bolero sweater with three quarter length sleeves, sparkling crystal statement necklace, small post earrings, and stretch bracelet take the outfit to another level.
What I like most about the pieces in the two outfits I describe are their interchangeability. For example you can swap out the pants for a skirt, or for a sexy look, remove the white shirt leaving the cami and jacket. Likewise with the jumpsuit, you could layer the shirt underneath. Don’t forget, shoes, bags, and accessories add yet another dimension to the look you want to achieve.
Ladies, don’t let the holiday season put a cramp in your style. Just take a deep breath and remember: “The most important things in life aren’t things.” ~Anthony J. D’Angelo